Monday 20 October 2014

THANK YOU SHAHID

My name is Shahid and CADFA recently gave me the opportunity to get involved in a recent visit by Palestinian youngsters from Beit Leed and Abu Dis.

For me personally it was a no-brainer to get involved as I have been following the recent conflict in Gaza and the general humanitarian issues Palestinians face on a day-to -day basis.

I spent a week with the lads and had such a wonderful time organising the day-to-day activities, talking to them, getting them out of their shells and allowing themselves to express their feeling through the various events and activities that were organised during the week.

I received tremendous support from my friends on FB and managed to raise nearly £1,500+ for the charity via friends, family and by creating a just giving page. Without the support from them and people from the local community it would have been hard to achieve everything that was delivered that week.

I guess they saw me as a big brother and I will never forget the chanting of my name with an Arabic rap to go with it, still don't know what they were saying as I was embarrassed to ask, never the less a wonderful experience for me and a cause I have long been waiting for. It seems the cause found me for a reason and I hope to stay involved with CADFA and help to facilitate future visits by the groups that come from Palestine.

I would recommend to anyone to get involved and even if they can do a little something it will be better then doing nothing and just thinking about it.

We're so glad Shahid got some recognition (below) for his help for the visit - he definitely deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment