Tuesday 21 October 2014

From some of the young people in London

What was surprising?

The Palestinians said they had bad English but actually they had quite good English.

What was funny?

Ice-skating, The Palestinians hadn't done ice-skating before, but they just did it, they weren't afraid.

What was sad

That the Palestinians were not ab le to have the same opportunities we take for granted

Tell us about the visit?

It was interesting taking part in this visit. We joined different parts of it - visits to the zoo, ice-skating, football, a meal etc....

I enjoyed it because it was a new experience, I didn't even know where Palestine was geographically, I wasn't really aware of what was going on ...

What were the best things?

Being a part of the group  

Seeing them enjoying themselves - Making friendships

What were the worst things?

Hearing their stories

Also telling mine, I don't think I really have a story, I felt very sheltered (does that makes sense?), a bit away from the rest of the world

The language barrier

Was it as you expected?

I knew people who'd been part of these visits before - so yes in a way, but it was also different because I'd never met anyone from Palestine of my own age.

What did you learn?

How far they had to travel - 

They were a bit overwhelmed with girls, I don't think they're used to girls. - 

I was surprised by how much they smoked. We have laws about how you can't smoke indoors and in public places but the first day, the leader sat down in a restaurant and lit a cigarette, he didn't realise, the manager came and had a go

Are you pleased with what you did?

Yes, I'm glad I was part of it.

Adam had a really big story to tell, I'm glad I was part of getting it across to other people

Do you want to do anything else in connection with CADFA?

Yes. Go to Palestine

Be more involved next time





No comments:

Post a Comment